Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Depressing Poetry

Here I walk. 
Alone in the moonlight. 
My shadow my only comfort. 
My shadow a twisted ugly version of myself. 
My shadow the evidence that I'm alone. 

This bench has so much room. 
And I just need a shoulder to cry on. 
Someone to bring along 
On these suicidal night walks,
But that's not how this works. 

The path I can walk alone. 
I say that's fine. But I lie. 
Some can see through that,
But I don't think I can see the truth anymore. 
So my life's now a lie. 
I make rhymes 
And I sit and I cry. 

This poetry does not make any sense. 
Like the rest of my emotions. 
I was done with this,
But apparently not. 
I'm still searching for love.
When I have enough. 

So many lines written,
And not one mention of God. 
That's because we don't talk. 
Apart from emotional engagement 
I've given up on him. 
I "know" he has not given up on me,
But I need to feel rejected now. 
I need to feel forgotten 
Because I need to match these emotions. 
And I've decided this is how. 

I'm still searching for labels 
Of these manic depressive moments. 
I'm still pretending I caused this. 
I'm still alone. 
And I fear. 
I'll always be alone. 

I want these words to hurt. 
To crush others' hearts
Just as much as these emotions have hurt me.
I'd go on. 
I could write depressing words for ages, 
But it's getting as cold as my heart out here. 
And I'm still pretending to be alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment