Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I'd Like to Show You the Stars

This poem was written as an attempt to procrastinate all the homework I had to accomplish one Wednesday back in April. But when my procrastination turns into this, my view of checkmarks and "accomplishment" changes. Procrastinate wisely my dear friends!


I’d Like to Show You the Stars  
Winter Burnett    April 13, 2016 



I'd like to show you the stars. 
They're not quite so far as you think. 
Take a step back and look up. 
They're closer than you can see. 

The air sings sweetly with the great open night sky. 
What once was frustration is now a peaceful sigh. 
The beauty of the stars transcends through space and time. 
Life as you know it floats away into the night. 

Our imagination has no ceiling out here. 
Great infinity shows grace and depth beyond years. 
You lose sight of the past, the present, and future. 
Yet all of time is seen in one small upward glance. 

There's another being beyond and through the stars. 
His creativity past the beauty of ours. 
incomprehensible His heavens are to us. 
Designed by a word in the silence of nothing. 

The vastness of the skies makes one extremely small. 
The depths of outer space inverted to our souls. 
Infinite universe of the skies and our hearts; 
Made finite in the presence of our creator. 

So breathe in this clear night air. 
Look up again with awe, wonder. 
Ponder cosmic mysteries. 
Of our Creator, our God.




Also I made this into a song, which is quite epic. At least it is one of my favorite songs I have written at the moment. I will probably record it over the summer, so be looking forward to it! :)

1 comment: