Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Trust Wall

I built this wall.
Brick by brick.
"Yes, yes" I say. "Yes, I trust you."
Another brick.
Pain, hurt.
Trust is good, "Yes, I trust you"
Here is a brick.
Again? Why should I trust you!?
After what you did? After what you said?
See?! Here. Here is a brick of trust!
It becomes habit.
The wall grows higher.
The pain cuts deeper.
Then. It's numb.
What is pain? Trust is pain. Pain is trust.
Trust is this stupid wall.
The wall that blocks me from the real you.
I say it's trust, but it's self defense.
What should be a beautiful building?
A stupid wall.
"Walk around it!" you say.
"No" I reply. "I am trying to trust."
But real trust is safety. Real trust is two sided.
Real trust builds a beautiful house.
Not an ugly wall.

So here I sit.
On my wall.
I want to see over it.
I want to see through it.
I want to see what you've become past my dusty wall.
But this "trust" blocks.
Under the pretense of helping.
Under the idea of giving you independence.
Under the thought you have a better plan.

But trust.
Trust is two.
Trust is an invitation not a rejection.
Trust is where you see the beautiful.
Trust is a hope for the morning.
Trust is a beautiful house. A beautiful home.
Trust is not sorrowful or lonely.
Trust is meant to be beautiful.

I can't take down these bricks, but you can help me.
I can't undo the words, but we can undo the wall.
Bricks can be used a second time.
So won't you build with me?

















By Winter Burnett
June 12, 2016

1 comment: